Roger Summers Park Upgrades 2016
Friday, 01 July 2016
Sutherland Shire Council will be commencing the second and fourth phases of the upgrades to Bundeena's Roger Summers Park.
The works are part of an overall plan to redevelop the existing town centre as previously reported in 2007. The second phase upgrade plans were originally announced in 2011.
The construction period for phases two and four will commence in late July and are expected to complete by December. During this time minor traffic delays are expected along Brighton Street and some of the current parking spots on the west side of Brighton Street will be temporarily unavailable.
The upgrade will have a number of improvements including:
- a new elevated boardwalk footpath on Brighton Street
- new entry to Sydney Water pumping station
- reconstruction of northern stairs including lighting
- raised threshold pedestrian crossing near intersection of Loftus St
- installation of seating, bollards and bins
- upgraded drainage works
- planting and associated works
- construction of new stepped sandstone wall along Bundeena Creek
- connecting waterfront path
- new beach shower
- performance space
Click image to view full size