- Current Service Status
- Past Updates
- Regular Timetable
- Christmas Day Timetable
- Bad Weather Bus Timetable
Current Service Status
Ferry service running as per regular timetable. (Last updated 2022-Mar-04)
- 2022-Mar-02 – Ferry service replaced by bus service due to weather
- 2022-Jan-04 – Ferry service replaced by bus service due to large swells
- 2021-August-25 – Ferry service replaced by bus service due to large swells
- 2021-June-26-28 – Ferry service replaced by bus service due to mechanical problems
- 2021-June-19 – Ferry service replaced by bus service due to large swells.
- 2021-May-29 – Ferry service replaced by bus service due to large swells.
- 2021-May-07 – Ferry service replaced by bus service due to damaged wharf
- 2021-Apr-19 – Maximum passenger limit increased to 100 as per Government regulations
- 2021-Mar-21 – Ferry service running on reduced timetable due to severe weather
The Cronulla Bundeena ferry is the oldest running ferry to a timetable in Australia and has been in operation since 1939.
The ferry is named the Curranulla and was built and designed by the shipbuilders Morrison and Sinclair of Balmain, Sydney. The Curranulla was specifically designed to cross the shallow and rough waters of the Port Hacking River which is subject to the swells of the Pacific ocean at the nearby heads. The Curranulla has operated consistently in these waters only resting for two weeks a year when it’s hull is cleaned and a fresh coat of paint is applied.
The Cronulla Bundeena ferry service is much loved by locals and visitors for it’s heritage looks and long years of service honouring a timetable that runs 365 days a year including Christmas day!
Monday – Friday
Weekends & Holidays
September – May
June – August
** Note: 12.30pm Cronulla and 1.00pm Bundeena weekday service
operates only during school holidays
* School days only
Christmas Day Timetable
Bad Weather Bus Timetable
|–|| 7.00am *
|–|| 8.00am *
* School days only
|Family (2 adults,4 children)||$24.00|