The National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) has released it’s Bonnie Vale campground remediation plan for the scheduled works over the coming months.
Campground Remediation Works
Construction works will be taking place at Bonnie Vale betwen August to November 2021. During this time the following items are expected to be completed:
- Remediation of asbestos affected ground with new fill and turf.
- Installation of powered camping sites.
- A dedicated area for community and education groups located at the western end to be used for camping and meeting.
- Landscaping improvements including new turf, planting, pruning and weeding.
- New shelters and bbqs to be installed with the existing shelters upgraded.
- Parking upgrades including accessible parking.
- Security and boom gates upgrade.
- Minor repairs to the road.
- Installation of a new shelter for kayak storage.
Bonnie Vale Closures
During these scheduled works some closures to Bonnie Vale are expected to address the safety of visitors and work crews.
A significant number of heavy truck movements will be required, particularly in the early stages of the construction phase.
This may impact on pedestrian access across Bonnie Vale including the walking track between Maianbar and Bonnie Vale with part-time closures.
Any closures will be notified via onsite signage and NPWS alerts. These closures will be advertised once confirmed.
Weather and other factors may impact on construction schedules and some closures may occur at short notice.