j Navigation: Home Video Library Cooking with Kurma ]]>HomeAccommodationAbout BundeenaRoyal National ParkThings to doBundeena MarketsTourism InfoBeachesNewsEventsReal Estate ReportBusiness DirectoryFerry TimetableBus TimetableMapsPhoto GalleryVideo LibraryFerry ArrivesFerry DepartsRoyal Drive ThruAudley Weir WashoutThrowing MagicCooking with KurmaArt of LivingBundeena’s Fastest DogMaianbar Dog ShowA Blustery Bundeena BayStormy Bundeena BayAudley FishwayBreakers in ActionTouch Footy FinalsClubs & GroupsNewsletterPollsLinksSearchServicesAbout UsContact UsFacebook ]]> Cooking with KurmaMonday, 06 November 2006 ]]>
Celebrity chef Kurma was in Bundeena this week for a series of cooking classes.
Kurma who hosted a vegeterian cooking show on SBS during the late 90s spent two nights in Bundeena. He instructed a cooking class for locals who after helping out in the preparation then dined on their yummy creations.
Among the various dishes prepared was cheese made from scratch. Kurma demonstrated how combining milk and yogurt one could in less than twenty minutes transform it into a type of cheese known as panir. The panir was then cut up into steak sized portions and then fried up and served as a main.
First night’s menu
- Creamy Gujarati Yogurt Soup (Karhi)
- Canadian Orange, Currant and Pecan-studded Wild Rice & Basmati Pilaf
- Fresh Panir Cheese Crusted in Egyptian Spice and Nut Dip (Dukkah)
- Succulent North Indian Mixed Vegetable Balls (Kofta) in Mildly-seasoned Fresh Tomato Sauce
- Lemon-infused Dubai-style Salad of Fresh Date, Toasted Turkish Bread, Herbs & Feta
- Smoky Lebanese Eggplant Dip (Babagannouj) with Flame-toasted Pappadams
- Epiphany Doughnuts in Lemon-scented Rosewater & Orange-Blossom Syrup
Second night’s menu
- Avocado-laced Gazpacho Soup
- Bengali Royal Rice (Pushpanna)
- Succulent Eggplant & Panir Cheese in Rich and Spicy Tomato Sauce
- Indonesian Crispy Corn Fritters (Perkedel Jagung)
- Fresh Mint Chutney
- Lebanese Toasted Bread Salad (Fattoush)
- Crisp Wonton Wrappers with Fresh Berries & Cream
click video to see Kurma in action
Learn more about Kurma and his recipes at www.kurma.net