Bundeena artist Leanne Thompson will be running a series of art classes over the summer holidays guranteed to engage young children. For ages 5 to 10 years with classes running 1 day (5 hours). Local artist Leanne Thompson will be running a series of art classes over the summer holidays guranteed to engage young children.
1. Excited about Christmas? Monday 22nd December or Tuesday 23rd December Make cards, wrapping paper, decorations and a beautiful sewn stocking to hang up for Santa. Each class: $55 plus $15materials.
2. Drawing & Painting in the Garden Wednesday 14th January We will explore the garden and all that lives in it using drawing and collage techniques in the morning. Then after lunch we will use our new ideas to paint a beautiful canvas. Class: $55 plus $15 materials.
3. Art Good Enough to Eat Off Tuesday 6th January or Thursday 22nd January Today we will paint funky and gorgeous placemats to share with our family at home. Collect at later date after they are sealed and varnished. Each set includes 4 placemats and coasters. Each class: $55 plus $20 materials.
4. Tell Me a Story Wednesday 7th January or Friday 23rd January We will create a unfolding visual and written narrative using a range of techniques onto quality artist paper and bind into a beautiful covered Japanese album. Bring along photo files so we can collage in some of our great summer holiday adventures. Each class: $55 plus $15 materials
5. Crafted Objects Tuesday 13th January Experience the value and joy of the hand-made. We will create a few ‘special’ things through decoration. Working with wax colours on candles, assemblage and interesting papercraft. Class: $55 plus $20 materials.
6. Drawing From Each Other Monday 5th January A fun day using a range of drawing materials and photography to create our own and each others portraits. Great with your friends. Class: $55 plus $15materials. 7. Serve It Up Thursday 15th January or Wednesday 21st January Have lots of fun decorating functional white porcelain pieces with special paint and pens. Instructions will be given to cook in the oven at home to finish them off. Two sets available – either mug, rice bowl & spoon or mug, side plate & eggcup. Each class: $55 plus $25 materials.
Available class dates are: December 2008: Mon 22 & Tues 23. January 2009: Mon 5, Tues 6,Wed 7 Tues 13, Wed 14, Thurs 15, Wed 21,Thur 22 & Fri 23
How to enrol: contact Leanne 0419 608 235 email:
Classes will run from 10am to 3pm. Class enrolment limited to maximum of 10 and a minimum of 5 students.
A healthy morning tea and drinks will be provided through the day, but children are to bring a lunch box from home. Please advise about any special diet or allergy.
Each class cost $55 plus materials (each session has details) - gst incl.
Early bird discount $10 if you enrol and pay prior to 14th December.
Payment by cash, cheque or direct debit required prior to class. Also credit card is accepted (with a processing fee).
Please note: popular activities may replace any unsubscribed sessions to fill all class dates.
Venue: From Leanne’s studio at 12 Woodfield Avenue, Bundeena. Please note: Leanne is insured for conducting classes or workshops from the studio.