Bundeena Progress Association has announced that it has incorporated.
The Bundeena Progress Association was originally founded in 1940 and this is the first time in it’s history that it has been incorporated. The desire for incorporation was driven by the benefits it provided including being able to apply for grants and hold insurance.
The BPA also released the results of it’s community survey which it conducted earlier in the year which 313 residents had responded. Among the top concerns raised by residents were:
- Tourism impacts on Bundeena
- Road safety in the Royal National Park including road condition, speeding, traffic volumes and Audley Weir during flooding
- Environmental protection and waste management
- Bushfire risks and management
- Telecommunication services including phone, mobile & internet
Long-term resident and veteran journalist Dani Cooper has been elected as the new president of Bundeena Progress Association.
Additionally, five sub-committees have been setup deal with the issues raised by the survey. The sub-committees are:
- Tourism/visitation and road safety. Chair: Vacant
- Environment/sustainability. Chair: TBC
- Grants and funding. Chair: Laura Menschik
- Bundeena Community Precinct (Community Hall, sports oval etc). Chair: Adrian Collins
- Communications. Chair: Nick Galvin