Are you interested in becoming a firefighter with the NSW Fire Brigades at Bundeena?
A Retained Firefighter is an “on call” part time paid firefighter. Retained Firefighters are “on call” from home or work rather than on duty at the station and respond to emergencies 24 hours a day.
The NSWFB in Bundeena undertakes a wide range of duties including:
- fire suppression (buildings, vehicles & bushfires)
- hazardous material response
- rescue operations (including motor vehicle accidents)
- medical 1st response, with the NSW Ambulance Service
- storm and flood damage assistance and
- community education and fire prevention activities
To be eligible to apply for a Retained Firefighter position you must:
- be available to attend fire calls and other incidents preferably between 0600-1800 hours as a minimum
- live within the Bundeena township
- have good communication skills and be able to work as part of a team
- ability to meet the medical and physical requirements of the job, including the requirement to undergo a brigade pre-employment medical
- have a current NSW driver’s licence (not L plates); and
- be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Additional Firefighter Information
SATURDAY 8 MAY 2010 IS OPEN DAY – COME ALONG AND JOIN US.
AN INFORMATION SESSION FOR POTENTIAL APPLICANTS WILL BE HELD ON
TUESDAY 11 MAY FROM 7.00 TO 9.00 PM AT BUNDEENA FIRE STATION.
For more information on becoming a Retained Firefighter contact the NSWFB Metropolitan South 2 Zone Office during business hours on (02) 9588 2833 for an information package and application form. Or visit our website: www.fire.nsw.gov.au. and go to ‘Retained Recruitment’.
The closing date for applications is Friday 21 May 2010