A community food pantry has been setup for Bundeena Maianbar residents.
Pantry How & Why
A grassroots Bundeena Maianbar initiative the aim of the Community Pantry is simply to help anyone who might be struggling a bit with some free food items. The pandemic and ensuing lockdowns have limited employment opportunities for some and have consequentially strained budgets.
Those in need are encouraged to take what they need from the pantry. Those who are more fortunate are encouraged to donate an item of food/drink or other useful items.
The fridge itself is not connected to power and has been made child safe with the removal of fittings such as handles and catches. The fridge is located in a shaded area near the Telstra Phone across from the shops.
- All donated goods must be non-perishable.
- Personal and pet items can also be donated.
- The fridge should be shut after use and the brick propped back up against the door.
- Sanitiser located inside the fridge should be used on opening to ensure COVID safeness.
- Special requests for donations can be made using the notebook inside the fridge.